Payroll Accounting Analyst
Palo Alto, CA
As a Payroll Accounting Analyst, you will be the liaison between payroll operations and the accounting team responsible for the month-end close reconciliation and accounting of payroll and payroll-related expense and liability accounts. You will record journal entries for the bi-monthly US and monthly International payroll runs and reconcile the associated payments. You will be responsible for estimating, recording, and reconciling payroll related accruals such as vacation and bonus. We value problem solvers who are not satisfied with the status quo and who are seeking opportunities to continue to improve the efficiency or accuracy of our existing processes.
What We Value
- Prepare payroll liability journal entries for US and International subsidiaries.
- Post and reconcile payroll-related liability accounts such as vacation, bonus, accruals.
- Reconciliation of employee benefits.
- Implement and document improvements to the payroll reconciliation procedures to facilitate growth, scalability and improved compliance.
- Serve as point person for all payroll-related financial audit requests.
- Partner with Finance team to perform flux analysis as part of month-end close process.
- At least 3 years of payroll related or accounting experience; international payroll is a plus.
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting and financial reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, or related field.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly analytical, with strong problem solving ability.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills; accuracy in work products and an ability to to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Please submit your resume for consideration!